Sketch to Design - Sketch, Draw and Visualize to Scale (Recorded Version)
$20.00 – $68.00
Did you miss the Live Course on 'Sketch to Design'? Then get the recorded sessions of this course at 60% discount! With just THREE SESSIONS, you can learn methods to visualize and sketch to scale, helping you with taking your concepts towards actual design.
about this course
If you have a massive fear of sketching and have a problem visualizing and drawing to scale, then this is the perfect course for you!
The major problem noticed among Architecture Students is the fear of sketching, which inhibits visualizing designs to scale.
Sketching is often considered only as a recreational tool or as a leisure activity. This course breaks that misconception, and teaches you how basic tools such as isometric, axonometric, perspective sketching can help you come up with good concepts and even presentation ideas!
This online course will teach you how one can easily get clarity of thought and develop one's own style of sketching. With simple and easy methods we will teach you how to transform your rough sketches into final presentation sketches!
The course is an extensive 12 hour course divided into three sessions inclusive of 10 online chapters on Sketching. The recordings are from our latest live sessions conducted during our winter school. These recordings will be available for 15 days after the purchase along with online lessons and exercises which can be taken easily from home.
The first session will talk about the very basics of sketching and easy methods to develop one's own style and comfort. With live exercises, we will help you remove your fear of sketching, once and for all!
The second session will teach you the basics of isometric, perspective sketching and easy methods to quickly visualize your design in 3D forms.
The third session will teach you about the process of transforming your rough sketches into final design presentation drawings.
for whom is this course?
- Students who have a fear of sketching and wish to learn it as a design tool.
- Students who wish to learn how to improve their design presentation skills.
- Students who are conducting their final Thesis and wish to improve their representation skills.
- Students who wish to learn how to visualize, sketch and design to scale.
Note: If you are a professional and wish to participate in the course, please drop us an email at email@example.com before purchasing the course!
what you will learn?
- Understanding the basics of sketching and visualizing simple 2D forms in 3D.
- Learn methods like 'cube method', to visualize your design drawings and ideas to scale.
- Decode complex forms and designs of famous architects through basic sketching hacks.
- Learn last-minute hacks which can be used for good presentation sheets.
- Quick live exercises conducted by Ar. Anuj Kale to understand scales, proportions and perspectives. These exercises can be easily taken in between these sessions while watching the recordings at your comfort.
- There is absolutely no prior experience required to take this course
- No software is needed
- Only lots of sketchbooks or rough papers and some pens :)
- Overview of the basic sketching methods and its use in visualization and conceptualization.
- Understanding how to work with different line thickness and types.
- Different ways to visualize complex forms and shapes.
- How to come up with good yet functional presentation boards.
- Visualization of different forms and spatial segmentation of your design in minimal and quick ways.
- Quick hacks to understand isometric/axonometric and perspective drawings
- Sketching and Visualizing complex forms to scale
- Learn basic and intermediate architectural sketching skills, techniques in hand drafting representation to enhance architectural and conceptual drawings.
- Enhance your representation with technical and aesthetic additions to your sketches.
- Learn how to visualize and represent forms and spatial segmentation of your design in minimal and quick ways.
- Learn the methods and process of taking your initial sketches and ideas from the concept stage to final representation.
- Identify different tools, and techniques to generate clear and self-explanatory drawings for final representation.
- Understand the use of colours in architectural drawings along with the use of different pen tips and line thicknesses.
- Learn more about the process of taking rough sketches to final presentation drawings through live discussions of participants and tutor Ar. Anuj Kale in the last session.
Number of Sessions: 3
The crash course is divided into just three sessions.
- The first session will talk about the basics of sketching. With simple visualization and practice sessions, you will learn how to draw basic forms and shapes in varying scales and proportions through memory.
- The second session will teach you about isometric drawing and easy methods to crack perspective sketching.
- The third session will teach you about drawing complex forms and design ideas as well as take rough sketches to final presentation drawings.
$20.00 – $68.00