Introduction to Housing - Basics of Architecture Housing (Recorded Version)
$30.00 – $68.00
Did you miss the Live Course on 'Introduction to Housing'? Then get the recorded sessions of the course at 60% discount! With just THREE SESSIONS, we will introduce you to different typologies, tangible-intangible aspects related to urban housing.
about this course
This online course will teach you how one can easily approach the vast topic of Housing in Architecture.
The course is divided into three sessions. The first session will introduce Housing and its evolution.
The next two-sessions will talk about different typologies in housing, problems and complexities in the housing sector in an urban scenario. It will also include different case studies to understand different types and scales of housing, the importance of self-sufficient surroundings and present scenario of COVID-19 and its effects on future housing.
With our Online Learning Management System, each of you will have your own personal system, where you can take lessons, submit assignments, ask any doubts in one go! The recordings are from our latest live sessions conducted during our summer school. These recordings will be available for 15 days after the purchase along with online lessons and exercises which can be taken easily from home.
for whom is this course?
- Students who are about to start with their Housing semester or are approaching their design on housing.
- Students who wish to learn about Architecture Housing and different aspects of it.
Note: If you are a professional and wish to participate in the course, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing the course!
what you will learn?
- Understanding the need and basics of Housing.
- Learn through history, how definitions of housing has changed from a single dwelling to community living and secured communities today.
- Learn how different factors and aspects affect housing in the urban scenario.
- Learn the importance of bylaws in the urban housing sector.
- Learn about different typologies in detail
- Understand importance of amenities and recreation spaces.
- Understand different issues and crises that the urban housing faces today.
- Learn how to decipher case studies virtually in times where you cannot go for a live case study :)
- There is absolutely no prior experience required to take this course
- No software is needed
- Only lots of sketchbooks or rough papers and some pens :)
- Introduction to Housing.
- Define Livability and its factors
- Importance of Bye laws and how it affects design
- Urbanization and its effects on housing
- Typlogies of housing; affordable housing, incremental housing, adaptable housing
- Importance of qualitative and quantitative parameters in housing design
- Discussion on importance of self sufficient surroundings
- Introduction to different case studies
- Identifying users and their needs before approaching design/li>
With simple methods, lessons and exercises you'll know how to approach a housing design that is sensitive and is relevant to the present scenario. With our methods, you'll learn how to start with your semester and resolve challenges that come with the design exercise. You will also learn how to decipher case studies and study important spaces in housing virtually, especially during the time of pandemic, with our fun and easy methods. This will eventually help you to enjoy the process of Housing design rather than feeling lost!
The sessions will have a lot of live exercises and interactive quizzes to help you understand different ways to approach Housing semester. Moreover, all the recordings will be available for you to go back and forth and revise.
Number of Sessions: 3
Session I – Introduction to Housing and definition of livability
Session II – Different livability factors and evolution of housing
Session III – Methods to crackdown case studies virtually.
$30.00 – $68.00