How to design Architecture Portfolio and Finding the right Office - A complete package to find your dream job!
$48.00 – $60.00
Are you applying for an Internship or a Job in an Architecture Studio? Then this is the perfect course for you! With just FOUR SESSIONS, you can learn all the secrets there are to making a Portfolio that stands out from the rest. In the LAST SESSION, learn everything you need to know while searching and applying to offices.
**EARLY BIRD REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! Few seats available in late bird! Register Now!**
about this course
If you are an aspiring Architect or a student applying for an Internship or a job then designing a Portfolio is a necessity!
But we all fail when it comes to compiling years of hard work or understanding what a potential employer wants from a good Portfolio.
This online course will teach you how one can easily master this tedious process of making an Architectural Portfolio. We will also talk about how to crack the process of applying for an Internship/Job. With simple methods, a little help with our management sheets, you'll be ready for every office out there!
This complete package is an extensive 16 hour course divided into four sessions, inclusive of 10 online chapters on Portfolio design and searching and applying to Architecture Offices. The recordings of the live sessions will also be available for 15 days after the purchase along with online lessons and exercises which can be taken easily from home.
The first session will talk about different typologies of Portfolio and their needs.
The second session will teach you different methods of story boarding and presentation methods to make templates for your Portfolio.
The third session will talk about overall branding of a Portfolio. From colour palette to Cover Page design, everything will be covered. The session ends with Ar. Anuj Kale (Founder, Leewardists) explaining and redesigning his urban design portfolio, combining all the learning from the previous sessions.
The fourth session will talk about how to find your dream office and the basics of Application process. We will also discuss basics of making a interest specific Portfolio, how to write an impressive Cover Letter and a CV.
for whom is this course?
- Students who wish to apply for Architecture Internships.
- Students who wish to learn about how to apply at Architectural Offices.
- Young professionals with Architecture degree who want to apply for masters or a job.
- Students who wish to learn about presentation boards and designing Architectural Portfolios.
Note: If you are a professional and wish to participate in the course, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing the course!
what you will learn?
- Learn the secrets to impress your potential employers with just four sessions.
- Learn different methods to compile and present your academic/professional work.
- Learn how to make interest specific portfolios.
- You will learn how to manage, storyboard your work and make a concise and crisp Portfolio.
- You will learn how to make a crisp CV/Résumé and draft cover letters for the process of application.
- Learn how to search for Architecture Offices using simple methods like SEO.
- Learn how to manage and rate your office search.
- By the end of the course, you'll have rough templates and presentation boards for your Portfolio, ready to be customized from your end.
- There is absolutely no prior experience required to take this course
- No software is needed
- Only lots of sketchbooks or rough papers and some pens :)
- Storyboarding and presentation boards.
- Managing and prioritizing Academic/Professional work.
- Colour coding and palette.
- Understanding different text heights and using suitable fonts.
- Methods to design a cover page.
- Learn about density in a portfolio and its importance
- Managing and prioritizing work that your want to present to the potential employers.
- Find interest specific offices and learn how to approach them.
- How to narrow down to 10 best offices that fits best for you.
- Methods to follow up and approach your potential employers.
- Learn how to write impressive cover letters that don't end up in trash folders.
- Understanding different typologies of Portfolios and their design.
- Learn what is storyboarding and how it is useful to come up with presentation boards for a Portfolio.
- Learn and develop skills of applying for architectural internships/jobs.
- Learn how to use different colour palette and tone to enhance your Portfolio.
- Learn how to come up with different cover page designs as per Portfolio's theme.
- Learn how to design a CV and a cover letter
- Take learnings from live portfolio design exercise explained by tutor Anuj Kale.
- Learn basics of compilation and presentation to make a good Portfolio.
- Learn how to make an impressive Application that makes you stand out.
- Learn how to document and track your overall progress during the internship.
Number of Sessions: 4
The course is divided into just four sessions.
- The first session will talk about different typologies of Portfolio and their needs.
- The second session will teach you different methods of storyboarding and presentation methods to make templates for your Portfolio.
- The third session will talk about overall branding of a Portfolio. From colour palette to Cover Page design, everything will be covered. The session ends with designing a mock portfolio through an interactive process where participants take decisions for the tutor, combining all the learning from the previous sessions.
- The fourth session will talk about methods to search and apply to various architecture offices.
$48.00 – $60.00